Sat, Jul 22|
Intersection of Boeger and Wakefield
5th Annual Westchester Garden Walk
Tour gorgeous Westchester gardens while supporting the Westchester Food Pantry!
Time & Location
Jul 22, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Intersection of Boeger and Wakefield, 2646 Boeger Ave, Westchester, IL 60154, USA
About the Event
Our annual Westchester Garden Walk is more than a means to show off our beautiful village; it is yet another way that Grassroots Garden Group is able to support the work of the Westchester Food Pantry. Run entirely by volunteers, the pantry serves hundreds of local food insecure households every month. By donating the proceeds of Grassroots Garden Group events directly to the Westchester Food Pantry, the community has contributed over $20,000 in the past 5 years.
We hope you'll join us this year!
- Event Tickets - Tickets may be purchased online through this Give Lively page or purchased in-person the day of the event. Event tickets purchased online are $15/ticket. Event tickets purchased on July 22nd are $20/ticket. We accept cash, check, Zelle, and Venmo payments for day-of purchases. Tickets are non-refundable. Proceeds from ticket sales are donated to the Westchester Food Pantry.
- Gardens - We're excited to share 6 beautiful Westchester gardens, each with its own unique personality. Garden locations will be shared in the tour booklet given at check-in the day of the event. The proximity of the gardens to each other makes this event walkable, but attendees are welcome to drive to each garden if they desire.
- Check-in - The check-in tent will be located on the west side of Mayfair Park, near the intersection of Boeger Avenue and Wakefield Street. Check-in will be from 9am-1pm. You must check-in to receive your tour booklet, which will serve as your ticket for admission to each garden. You will also be able to purchase raffle tickets at the check-in tent for our fabulous raffle prizes! Attendees are welcome to visit the gardens at their leisure, but all gardens are closed by 2pm.
- Itinerary - This is a self-guided garden walk. Upon receiving your tour booklet, you may decide which gardens you wish to tour and in which order you would like to tour them. Homeowners or volunteers may be present to answer questions about each of the gardens.
- Raffle Tickets - Raffle tickets are sold through our Give Lively page prior to the event and at the check-in tent the day of the event. Standard prize ticket price is $5 per ticket or $20 for 5 tickets. Our 5/$20 offer can only be accommodated in-person. See below for additional raffle information.
- Raffle Prizes - Raffle prizes to be announced.
- GGG Market - We will be selling glass yard art, teacup bird feeders, notecards, and more at the event! Sales from these items will go towards future GGG events, projects, and administration costs. We will accept cash, check, Zelle, and Venmo payments for these items.
- Weather and Attire - The garden walk will take place rain or shine. We encourage attendees to dress for the weather and the event. Items such as comfortable walking shoes, hats, sunglasses, sunblock, and umbrellas may be advisable.
- Children - Children are welcome! Anyone under the age of 13 may join you on the walk for free. We will also be including a kid-friendly activity this year! More info to come.
- Pets - Out of respect to both the homeowners and fellow attendees, we ask that you leave your pets at home for this event.
- Food and Beverages- Attendees are welcome to bring their own drinks and snacks, and we do plan to offer complementary bottled water to those on the walk. Your tour booklet will include recommendations for great local restaurants that share our enthusiasm in supporting the Westchester Food Pantry.
- Restrooms - There will be no access to permanent or temporary bathroom facilities on this walk.
Questions? Email us!