Sat, Jul 23|
4th Annual Westchester Garden Walk
Tour gorgeous Westchester gardens while supporting the Westchester Food Pantry!
Time & Location
Jul 23, 2022, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Britten School, 10110 Gladstone St, Westchester, IL 60154, USA
About the Event
Our annual Westchester Garden Walk is more than a means to show off our beautiful village; it is yet another way that Grassroots Garden Group is able to support the work of the Westchester Food Pantry. Run entirely by volunteers, the pantry serves hundreds of local food insecure households every month. By donating the proceeds of Grassroots Garden Group events directly to the Westchester Food Pantry, the community has contributed over $14,500 in the past 4 years.
We hope you'll join us this year!
- Event Tickets - Tickets may be purchased online through this GiveLively page or purchased in-person the day of the event. Event tickets purchased online are $10/ticket. Event tickets purchased on July 16th are $15/ticket. We accept cash, check, Zelle, and Venmo payments for day-of purchases.
- Gardens - We're excited to share 6 beautiful Westchester gardens, each with its own unique personality. Garden locations will be shared in the tour booklet given at check-in the day of the event.
- Check-in - Check-in will begin at 9am in front of Britten School. You must check-in to receive your tour booklet, which will serve as your ticket for admission to each garden. You will also be able to purchase raffle tickets at the check-in tent for our 6 fabulous raffle prizes!
- Itinerary - This is a self-guided garden walk. Upon receiving your tour booklet, you may decide which gardens you wish to tour and in which order you would like to tour them. Homeowners or volunteers may be present to answer questions about each of the gardens.
- Raffle Tickets - Raffle tickets are sold through our Give Lively page prior to the event and at the check-in tent the day of the event. Standard prize ticket price is $5 per ticket or $20 for 5 tickets. Our 5/$20 offer can only be accommodated in-person. See below for additional raffle information.
- Raffle Prizes - Raffle prizes can be seen on our website! Click here!
- Other Items for Purchase - GGG will be selling glass yard art, teacup bird feeders, notecards, and more at the event! Sales from these items will go towards future GGG events, projects, and administration costs. We will accept cash, check, Zelle, and Venmo payments for these items.
- Weather and Attire - The garden walk will take place rain or shine. We encourage attendees to dress for the weather and the event. Items such as comfortable walking shoes, hats, sunglasses, sunblock, and umbrellas may be advisable.
- Children - Children are welcome! Children under the age of 13 may join you on the tour for free.
- Pets - Out of respect to both the homeowners and fellow attendees, we ask that you leave your pets at home for this event.
- Food and Beverages- We will not be selling food or beverages at this event. Attendees are welcome to bring their own drinks and snacks, and we do plan to offer complementary bottled water to those on the walk. Your tour booklet will include recommendations for great local restaurants that share our enthusiasm in supporting the Westchester Food Pantry.
- Restrooms - There will be no access to permanent or temporary bathroom facilities on this walk.